The course covers the following modules:
HDFS, Setting up Hadoop Cluster, Map-Reduce, PIG, HIVE, HBASE, ZOOKEEEPER and SQOOP.
We offer Java courses along with Hadoop Development Course to get you going.
Course Objectives After the completion of the Hadoop Course at SS Technologies, you should be able to:
- Master the concepts of Hadoop Distributed File System.
- Understand Cluster Setup and Installation.
- Understand Map Reduce and Functional programming.
- Implement HBase, Map Reduce Integration, Advanced Usage and Advanced Indexing.
- Have a good understanding of ZooKeeper service and Sqoop.
- Develop a working Hadoop Architecture.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Hadoop
- Understand what Hadoop is
- Understand what Big Data is
- Learn about other open source software related to Hadoop
- Understand how Big Data solutions can work on the Cloud
Lesson 2: Hadoop architecture
- Understand the main Hadoop components
- Learn how HDFS works
- List data access patterns for which HDFS is designed
- Describe how data is stored in an HDFS cluster
Lesson 3: Introduction to MapReduce
- Learning objectives
- Understand the concepts of map and reduce operations
- Describe how Hadoop executes a MapReduce job
- List MapReduce fault tolerance and scheduling features
- List MapReduce fundamental data types
- Describe a MapReduce data flow
Lesson 4: Querying data
- Understand how to work with Pig, Hive and JAQL
Lesson 5: Hadoop administration
- Learn how to monitor the health status of your cluster
- Learn how to configure Hadoop
Lesson 6: Moving data into Hadoop
- Understand how to move data into Hadoop using Flume
“Opportunities for Hadoopers are infinite – from a Hadoop Developer, to a Hadoop Tester or a Hadoop Architect, and so on. If cracking and managing BIG Data is your passion in life, then think no more and Join SS Technologies Hadoop courses and carve a niche for yourself! Happy Hadooping”
Hadoop! A Solution for Big Data!
Hadoop is an open source software framework that supports data-intensive distributed applications. Hadoop is licensed under the Apache v2 license. It is therefore generally known as Apache Hadoop. Hadoop has been developed, based on a paper originally written by Google on Map Reduce system and applies concepts of functional programming. Hadoop is written in the Java programming language and is the highest-level Apache project being constructed and used by a global community of contributors.
Some of the top companies using Hadoop: Apache
The importance of Hadoop is evident from the fact that there are many global MNCs that are using Hadoop and consider it as an integral part of their functioning, such as companies like Yahoo and Facebook! On February 19, 2008, Yahoo! Inc. established the world’s largest Hadoop production application. The Yahoo! Search Webmap is a Hadoop application that runs on over 10,000 core Linux cluster and generates data that is now widely used in every Yahoo! Web search query.
Facebook, a $5.1 billion company has over 1 billion active users in 2012, according to Wikipedia. Storing and managing data of such magnitude could have been a problem, even for a company like Facebook. But thanks to Apache Hadoop! Facebook uses Hadoop to keep track of each and every profile it has on it, as well as all the data related to them like their images, posts, comments, videos, etc.
Who should go for this course?
This course is designed for developers with some programming experience (preferably Java) who are looking forward to acquire a solid foundation of Hadoop Architecture. Existing knowledge of Hadoop is not required for this course.
Some of the prerequisites for learning Hadoop include hands-on experience in Java and good analytical skills to grasp and apply the concepts in Hadoop. If you are not familiar with Java, you can enroll for our ‘Java courses as well at a discounted rate.